Our blog(page 1/1)
Today, March 16, 2021, at Château l'Ermite d'Auzan, we are witnessing the birth of the youngest of the family: Gavroche Rouge.
A "vin de France" from Costières de Nîmes.
Bottled today, it has a light color and notes of raspberry and peach that will perfectly accompany your first spring grilled dishes.
01-01-20212021 A NEW LOOK
The whole team is wishing you his best wishes for 2021!
We would like to reveal the new packaging of the cuvee “Auzan”.
Paying tribute to the memory of our forefathers, cuvee “Auzan” invites you to travel through time.
A great way to discover the “Costières de Nîmes”
05-11-2020BIODYNAMIC AT CHATEAU L’ERMITE D’AUZAN
With Tanguy's arrival, we decided to go further and begin biodynamic farming:
- with the production of our own inputs in order to maintain our biotope balance
- cultivation of nettle, horsetail, thyme, lavender to create our own herbal tea, concoctions and slurry.
- the production of biodynamic formulations (500,501,CBMT) (see picture and details below).
- a hundred sheep grazing to enrich poor soils
- the application of these preparations at specific times in the year's cycles, according to a lunar and planetary calendar
Horns filled with cow dung that will be buried under the ground during six months. Their content then will nourish the soil so that the vine may draw all its needs (see picture).
It will be the first within the department. Other winemakers who use biodynamic farming methods in the Gard department use “horn manure” of course (also called formulation 500).But they buy it tot specialized dealers. The Castillon Family chose an homemade formulation!
“We filled horns with cow dung from a farming exploitation in Generac, and we bury them during six months between the two equinox. Then, we dig them up and we use the content (a black mixture full of organic matter).
23-10-2020Organic farming certification
Since 2020 and after a three-year period of conversion, our 80 hectares estate is now recognized as complying with all the requirements of Organic Production.
- This label certifies our following commitments:
- Taking care of the environment
- Increasing soil fertility
- Biodiversity protection
- Awareness of natural cycles
- Non-use of chemicals of synthesis.
- Non-use of GMOs
- Clear labelling for customer